For iPhone 5/6/6+ & iPad
|1.0||Aug 4, 2016|
Olympia360° mit dem ZDF made it to the top-100 apps chart as a featured app at #27 on the German App Store!
Watch the Rio 2016 Olympic Games like never before. The CBC Olympic Games Virtual Reality app gives you the best seats in the stadium without having to leave the house. Watch live streaming VR video action from Rio everyday during the Olympic Games. Or catch up on the best VR video moments on demand from Brazil.
This is from the description of just one of ten iOS apps deployed on the App Store on opening day of the 2016 Summer Olympics, after an intense timeframe of only a couple of months. Working with an awesome team of developers and a designer, my job at Digital Domain included rewriting the frontend of the iOS app using Objective-C and storyboards, while integrating with a 360° video player and server API framework.
Each app was branded and styled specifcally for 9 broadcasters from 8 different countries, which could be remotely updated on the fly. 360 degree videos were streamed live during the Olympics, and recorded highlights may be downloaded and played back.
Here are some recorded clips of the Olympics in 360°, showcasing the app while streaming live!
- 10 published apps in 8 countries.
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Korean, Swedish, & Italian.
- Live streaming and playing of 360° videos.
- Multi-Camera coverage to view from different camera perspectives.
- Cardboard mode for VR headsets.
- Live Events and Highlights from previous day's events.
- Download and save videos for later playback.
- Push notifications when live event is starting.
- 360° photo of Rio responds to user movement.
- Dynamic remote updating of images and styles, including colors and gradients.
- Share on social media
- Search function